One Sweet Birth!

It was 12th of February when my hubby and I went to the clinic for my weekly check-up and found out that I was already 1 cm dilated.  We both got excited because we know we were pretty much READY for the new baby.  My doctor advised me to walk as much as possible because it will allow gravity to encourage the baby to descend into the birth canal that will make my dilation faster. 

So after check-up we walked outside until I felt tired and decided to go home to relax.  That night, I was expecting to feel some labor pain because in my two previous pregnancies, I gave birth only few hours after we found out that I was 1 cm dilated. But then learning from Mr.Google, that you could be dilated for days or for some even weeks before you could give birth, we went back to our usual night and slept early. Oh well as they say every pregnancy is unique.

The next day, hubby didn’t go to office because he was scared that I might go into labor without him. So we fetched the kids from school and went to a mall where I could walk as “malling” specifically “shopping” is the best exercise for me. Hahaha. We put the things that we will need inside the car in case I’ll be in labor while we were at the mall so that we are prepared to go straight to the hospital.

After walking around the mall for 2-3 hours, there’s still no labor pain except for some Braxton hicks and irregular contractions.  My sister texted me that she’ll visit me at home that day and I told her to meet me at the mall instead.  While waiting for her, we continued walking. We ended up buying random things for the baby, house, and etc. Around 8 o’clock in the evening while we were having dinner at Bon Chon, I noticed that I was having contractions every 20-30 minutes but without pain at all.  I said maybe it’ll just go away. My sister even told me that maybe it’ll take me few days more since my belly was still high.  But when we were on our way home around 10 o’clock, I suddenly felt a little pain while I was having contractions.  My husband told me to just observe at home. I went to the bathroom to take a shower and realized that my contractions were 15-20 minutes apart with a little bit of pain. That’s when I knew that I was already in my early stage of labor. I changed into my pajamas and prayed before we went to the hospital. I even put on a little bit of make-up. Hahaha. Funny thing is that my hubby and I were both so relaxed on the way to the hospital.  It is like we were just going out to have a cup of coffee. I guess that’s the advantage of having previous births because you can actually tell if you still have the time and you know when to panic.

I uploaded a photo of my two kids with my nephew on my Instagram account taken that night at Vanilla Cupacake Bakery where we had our dessert.

When we arrived at Cardinal Santos Medical Center at 11:30 in the evening, they immediately put me on fetal monitor to check the baby’s heartbeat and movements. After few minutes they checked me and saw that I was already at 5 cms. My contractions started to get stronger and quite painful, so they called the anesthesiologist because I wanted to have an epidural. I don’t think I can survive giving birth without an epidural. Haha.  Some say that I could do natural delivery, but sadly I don’t have the courage, labor pain scares me.  That’s why I really admire those women who were able to get through birth without any anesthesia.

Okay fast forward to the time they brought me to the delivery room I think around 2:30 in the morning. When I felt like the baby’s head about to come out, I was told to calm down and take deep breathes while we were waiting for my hubby (good thing that they allowed my husband inside the room to witness everything.) Then as soon as hubby arrived, I was asked to push. Yeah that moment where you didn’t care to give all your energy because all you felt was nothing but pure excitement. I focused on the doctor's voice counting and after three enormous push,(yes I could still remember how many times I pushed) I finally heard the sound of my baby’s first cry. It was so wonderful hearing it for the first time. As cliche as it may sound, the overwhelming love of a mommy started immediately.  Everything was perfect.

Thank God. Alhamdulillah! At 3:15 in the morning, 14th day of February, I gave birth to a healthy baby boy thru normal delivery. 

his name is Aydin Sofian. :)

I was teary eyed. What a wonderful moment, wouldn't trade that for anything.



Popular Posts