A Lesson in Life



Tonight I'll post something really really sad. I know in my previous post I told you that I wanted this year with good vibes, but in order for me to start that; I have to get something off my chest first.

I have been itching to share this with someone. I believe that if you let go of something, you'll feel less pain. No, it’s not a breakup or something, yes, I do sound like it, but it's not. I'd like to consider this post as a tribute to someone. Someone that is close to my heart.

Honestly, one of the reasons why there’s a need to share this is because there's a feeling of guilt and regret in me. Things that made me realized what kind of person I was and consequently, taught me a wonderful lesson in life.

This someone is a cousin of mine. He was a playmate of my kids and he used to sleepover our house all the time. He even calls me mommy.  He was just three years old. Although he looks like a handsome mestizo with fair skin, charming smile, and curly hair, he wasn't the typical kind of kid. He was somehow different from other kids. He had this unusual behaviour.

Since then, the narrow-minded part of me changed the way I treated him. Not that I mistreated him, don’t get me wrong. I never came to that point. Thank God. It’s just, I didn't kiss and hug him anymore. I didn't pay him much attention. There was a time when he was knocking on the door calling me “Mommy open,” but I was too tired and sleepy that time, so I just let him knocked and he didn't stop for like more than five minutes, I guess. Now I totally regret it. I should have opened the door no matter how tired I was. I mean, What the hell I was thinking he was just three years old?! The words “mommy open” with his husky sweet little voice keep playing in my mind and each time I feel hurt. I hated myself for that.  

You know what’s worst? It happened the day before he died.

It was November 2, 2012, when he died in our house for unknown reason. His mom said he had very high fever that night and the next morning she woke up, he was already gone. We rushed him to the hospital, but it was too late.

Because of him, I learned something, and I’m thankful to him. I learned not to judge. I learned not to be careless. I learned that instead of avoiding someone's "not-so-good side," help him and teach him. I learned to be more sensitive and to understand/empathize other people. I learned to always give kindness to people around me.

I know I am a changed person because of that.
It was a sudden paradigm shift.

Truly he's an angel.

Guys, Have you watched the “Like Stars on Earth or Taare Zaamen Par by Aamir Khan?” I really recommend you to watch it. I guess it is the best movie that could explain how I felt. It is really an eye-opener and heartwarming movie. 

Comments

  1. let not one mistake define who you are. nice one. :) don't delete it na lang :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha. Alemar wants me to delete it because it sounds like I'm a bad person here daw. lol!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts