Inter-class Competition

I had been thinking of giving my students an activity that would enhance their creativity and at the same time test their capabilities in performing that requires group effort. So I came up with the idea of inter-class competition. It is a competition where the students of all humanities classes will be given an opportunity showcase their talents and abilities on their chosen art performance. There were a group of students who performed "ala" Victoria Secret fashion show, some executed a dance musical, and the others portrayed a drama.

I told my students that the fifty percent of their final exam grade will be based on the judges' score on their performance. So imagine how much effort and arguments they went through. Arguments, because they all have conflicting ideas and not to mention that they're also time pressured.

My students preparing their props

Me, in a monochromatic brown, announcing the rules and the criteria for judging

My PM class, dancing to the song of Lady Marmalade from the movie, Moulin rouge (side note: I wasn't really expecting that they'll wear something so sexyyy. haha)


from my AM class, portraying the role of F4 from Meteor Garden. (another side note: This performance was really hilarious for me as I could relate. why? because I was one of the biggest Meteor Garden fans before. Hahaha! I even kept a photo of Dao Ming Su in my wallet. Hahahaha yucks!)
Ala High school Musical

the audience

After the program, though my Group A students didn't win, I'm still happy of their performance and so are they.


giving our judges free snacks and drinks.
so, that was practically it and thank God, it was successful and fun. I was really stressed out since everything was my idea and if something went wrong who do you think they're going to blame? haha!

till next time! :)

Comments

Popular Posts